Billy works every day to make accounting and bookkeeping easy as a breeze. We do this by delivering Denmark's easiest accounting application with over 60,000 registered companies. In addition, Billy offers a digital accounting solution called Meneto, where customers simply need to forward or take a picture of their receipts, and then we take care of the rest of their accounts.
About the position
We're looking for an engineer who's focused on building testable, performant, and maintainable backend services with PHP and Laravel. You have a passion for software craftsmanship and product with well-considered opinions about how software should work, and hold yourself and your code to a high standard.
Who you are
A developer who has led product initiatives and has multiple years of professional experience in in Laravel (or similar frameworks). You may be comfortable across the stack, but probably specialise in the following:
- PHP: Several years of experience building web applications, especially within a microservices architecture.
- Laravel: We're doubling down on Laravel as the future for all our backend services, so you're comfortable with the framework and know how to create scalable, maintainable and testable code with the tools provided by Laravel.
- Collaboration: You love to help, coach and teach your peers so we all create higher quality code and outcomes. Attention to details in regards to architecture and best practices are second nature to you.
- Nice to haves: You have some experience with other PHP frameworks like Symfony and some level of comfort with Node. You're probably also used to products like AWS, NewRelic or Datadog
What you'll do
- Solve very real problems for very real customers.
- Create new or extend existing API endpoints to support new product capabilities
- Support our gradual migration to Laravel as our primary backend framework as part of our architecture simplification project
- Help improve how we work using our Request For Comments process
- Collaborate with frontend developers on a full-stack team to develop new features and products
- Contribute to the growth of other members of the team
What's in it for you
- A challenging job where you will get the opportunity to make a difference. The environment is professionally motivating and offers great chances for personal development as well, while your initiative and good ideas are very welcome
- We cherish creativity and innovation, and we invest in training and development of employees
- Flexible working hours
- Remote friendly
- Central office in Copenhagen (Rådhuspladsen)
About Ageras Group
At Ageras Group, we enable success for micro-businesses by building the best ecosystem around their financial needs.
With a well-preserved start-up spirit, we are today an ambitious group of fintech-companies with nearly 200 employees operating across 6 markets in Europe and the US.
As the home of Billy, Tellow, Meneto and Ageras Marketplace, and being financially backed by Investcorp, Rabo Bank Ventures and Lugard Road Capital, we are on a mission to revolutionize the financial industry and conquer the world.